Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cluny, the little secret of France.


The travel to France has been long but well worth the experience so far. Cluny is different but it has been very exciting to walk around the town and see the history of the abbey. The hardest thing is getting a chance to get on the internet, but I rather use this limited time to explore and learn all I can about this little town in France.

The class took a first visit to the Cellier de I'Abbaye. The variety of cheeses is extraordinary, so far I have tried a number of aged goat cheeses. Eppoise is an interesting strong salty cheese with an even stronger smell. Tasting the wines has also been very educational in how the variety depends on the grapes, process, and regions they are made.

I am very excited for the class visit to the vineyards and chateaus. The vineyards spread across the land in patches and sometimes miles along the hillsides.

Until next time!

- Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment