6/12/2013
Dusseldorf, the city I was most excited to visit has come and gone. My class and I have spent a week there that included our free travel weekend. Dusseldorf was more than what I expected. I assumed I would see a city dominated by factory buildings but it wasn't. What it was was a city with a mix of old and new with no factory in sight. Each day bought something new to learn about the region. We visited the Zollverein mine which is a world heritage site, Duisburg Nord landscape park, and the Gasometer Oberhausen. All of these locations are the future for the old factory spaces that are all over New Jersey. After all of these fantastic locations we got to travel anywhere we wanted for for days. Myself and my friend Theresa decided to do day trips from Dusseldorf. We ended up in Amsterdam where there was lovely Delft and the city of Koln. What what truly amazing was climbing the church steeple in Koln. The church is beautiful to begin with and add the view it was something to remember.
Now we are in Hamburg the city of bricks and fleets, small canals. Today being our first full day here we visited Hafencity, the location for the trading in Hamburg. It is an area full of old brick buildings and new modern ones. One of the new buildings is the philharmonic orchestra concert hall. Tomorrow we are to visit the Garden Show across the river. Till then guten tag!
Dusseldorf, the city I was most excited to visit has come and gone. My class and I have spent a week there that included our free travel weekend. Dusseldorf was more than what I expected. I assumed I would see a city dominated by factory buildings but it wasn't. What it was was a city with a mix of old and new with no factory in sight. Each day bought something new to learn about the region. We visited the Zollverein mine which is a world heritage site, Duisburg Nord landscape park, and the Gasometer Oberhausen. All of these locations are the future for the old factory spaces that are all over New Jersey. After all of these fantastic locations we got to travel anywhere we wanted for for days. Myself and my friend Theresa decided to do day trips from Dusseldorf. We ended up in Amsterdam where there was lovely Delft and the city of Koln. What what truly amazing was climbing the church steeple in Koln. The church is beautiful to begin with and add the view it was something to remember.
Now we are in Hamburg the city of bricks and fleets, small canals. Today being our first full day here we visited Hafencity, the location for the trading in Hamburg. It is an area full of old brick buildings and new modern ones. One of the new buildings is the philharmonic orchestra concert hall. Tomorrow we are to visit the Garden Show across the river. Till then guten tag!
- Sam
Photos:
Photos:
| Dusseldorf and TV tower |
| One of Dusseldorf's bridges |
| Zollverein Exhibit |
| Zollverein |
| Zollverein |
| Zollverein |
| Duisburg Nord |
| Duisburg Nord |
| Gasometer Oberhausen |
| "The Big Air Package" at Gasometer |
| Inside "The Big Air Package" |
| Light up Benches |
| Light up Benches |
No comments:
Post a Comment