Anyway, today we went on an excursion to Cote d'Or. First destination that we visited where the Gaugry cheese makers. Let me tell you, you've never tasted French cheese until you've been to the Gaugry cheese tasting. Seriously, I never knew that cheese could taste so good until I tried their cheese. My favorite that I ended up doing my project on was called Plaisir au Chablis (more on that later).
Here are some pictures that will show you what I mean.



By the way, if you're ever in the market and you see a type of cheese called Epoisses, typically sold in a round wooden box, I would definitely recommend you to try it! It's a semi-soft cheese with a strong and distinct smell, but use it almost like butter on top of bread (preferably harder bread, like the French Baguette), and it makes the most delicious snack. Now here's a nugget of wisdom for those of you who aren't big fans of cheese: put a piece of any type of cheese with bread, and suddenly it tastes good! If you ever find yourself in a situation where you must finish a cheese that you just can't bear, remember to add bread!
For lunch we visited the beautiful town of Gevrey-Chambertin, which was a Cluniac site on the Route des Grands Crus.
We visited a chateau with a wonderful statue of a Cistercian monk.
- Victoria Lee
No comments:
Post a Comment