7/26/13 14:00 (I wrote this on the couch, stuffed with Brazilian food)
So far so good!! It is surreal
to be in Brazil. My first night was a long one. Gustavo, Lilia’s(my portuguese professor) brother and
his wife Daniela picked me up from GRU and they are extremely nice, just like Lilia. They made me
feel at home instantly and I do not feel as though I am imposing. They live in
a condo type place, with three rooms two bathrooms, it is beautiful. I would love to live in
something similar when I am older. It is perfect, not to big not too small and
it is furnished very well. They have two animals! Mustarda a cute orange
pussycat, a kitten with tons of energy. Right now she is climbing all over me
and playing with my sweartshirt strings. And an old pup named Pompeo, super
cute and friendly.
Once again I packed poorly(referring to my Eurotrip in which I did not pack appropriately), it is fairly cold here. I have a blanket on me! They said it will be warmer in Bahia though,
and it better be because clothes are too expensive to buy here, mainly due to high taxes and inflation.
Last night Gustavo took me to
Habbib’s, a fast food snack place with interesting pizzas and a delicious
desert. Then we drove around and he showed me the town, and also went into "Extra," their supermarket. It could have been twice the size of Wegmans. It is
enormous, too big. I passed out immediately when my face touched the pillow. This morning, Daniela and I had breakfast together: pão com quejo e montega e café com letche
e chocolate. Then we went to this outdoor market. It was great, all fresh
fruits and veggies, with some food stands that sold some hot snacks. Very
social atmosphere, similar to Europe. I really enjoyed it, I cannot imagine not living next to an open air market; you talk taste and buy for the week. Supermarkets are over rated.
But I am Sachesfeito!!(Full) After we ate and tasted all these fruits we came back to their house and had a
huge lunch: Beef, beans and rice, mandioca balls, fried squash,
salad, and of course beer. I am so full, I cannot move. The rest of the day I
will relax, read and watch tv.
- Alec
- Alec
No comments:
Post a Comment