Date Written: 8/19
Today we did our first 2 dives out on the ocean! I was excited to do the backwards role off the boat and explore the reef, but quite hesitant to perform the skills. If you screw up in the a pool you can easily go to the surface.. no the case when you're 12 meters down in the ocean! Our first dive was at 7 in the morning so we had a very early start. It was a dive that consisted of simply swimming underwater and getting accustomed to our surroundings. We completed the following skills in the ocean during the second dive:
Using buddy's alternate air source
CESA (Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent)
Pivoting on the bottom on your knees
Cramp removal of self and buddy
Buddy Towing
Weight Removal
BCD Removal
I had some difficulty with using my buddy's alternate air source and started to freak out. I was having difficulty getting air into my lungs. I soon realized that if I freaked out any more that I would be in serious trouble, so I was able to put my mind over matter and remembered to breathe and calm down. After that we explored the reef for a little bit and saw some really cool coral and fish! We also took our final written exam for the course. We only have 2 more dives then we're certified! We completed both our dives before lunch, so we hung out for the rest of the day, because the advanced group had to dive while we were on shore, and vice versa.
No comments:
Post a Comment