Wednesday, September 18, 2013

3 Weeks To Go

July 8, 2013

So Kenya is Really Going to Happen!

Three weeks from today, I will be on a plane to Nairobi, Kenya. I can't wait to experience primatology, wildlife ecology and wildlife conservation not by reading about it in a textbook and looking at someone else's pictures up on PowerPoint slides, but rather on my own expedition to the African rain forest, savannas, rivers and beaches!

Studying abroad was something I thought I would never have the time or money to be able to participate in. Yet somehow I ended up at the presentation given by the Study Abroad office at the orientation fair, and I even remember thanking the presenter that day for making me realize that this was something I had to make time to do.

It's a shame that only about 1% of university students in the United States take advantage of study abroad programs and scholarships. I'm here to make the most of my experience and really learn all I can about the world because it's important to me, hence I will soon be amongst that 1% :)

- Alexandra Shishkova

No comments:

Post a Comment